Skydive Hampton, VA
Directions from Hampton, VA to West Point Skydiving Adventures
So you're one of the 145,579 Hamptonites (wiki)
and need directions to the dropzone. It's really easy as long as you can
find I-64. If you can't, drive aimlessly up and down Mercury blvd.
between Armstead Ave and Big Bethal Rd. until you see a sign that says
I-64 West then follow the directions below.
If you are coming from Langley, it's easist to take the Armstead gate and
follow the signs for I-64 West. Don't forget to bring some of your
buddies with you! Don't be surprised if you see other military folks
running around. BTW, we appreciate your service to the country!
Here's Google's version of the directions.
Directions from Hampton, Va
Directions from I-64
- I-64 West toward Richmond. You'll pass though Williamsburg
- Take 64 West to exit 227 (Rt. 30)
- Turn right and follow to Rt. 33
- Turn right (east) and go 5 miles to the town of West Point
- Once you cross the second bridge the Middle Peninsula Regional
Airport is 1.3 miles on the right (you can't see it from the road)
- Turn right on Airport Rd.
- Follow the road to the end and look for the large grey hangar on the
left! (it'll be the one with people hanging around it)
Note: Airport Rd. is a residential road. Please observe the 25 MPH speed limit.